Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Does God Really Need Money???

Neither I am an agnostic person nor am I against any religion, I truly believe in GOD. Yesterday I went to a famous Jain Temple in Ahmedabad. This temple always remains so crowded on some particular day because of some myth behind it. Many people come to this temple to worship the GOD to fulfill their wishes. I parked my car and began to start walking towards the gate of the temple, I reached the gate and entered the temple premises. As usual, people were talking in the compound of the temple, about their family matters, defeat of Indian cricket team in T-20 WC (as if they are selectors) and world economy as if they are Manmohan Singh or Obama who are going to decide the fate of the global economy. I removed my sneakers, entered the temple and proceeded towards the idol of GOD; it was very difficult to get a glimpse of the God as everyone wanted to go as near as possible, not thinking of others who can see or not. I saw one young guy who was wearing famous foreign brand t-shirt and jeans which are actually manufactured in some local factory by poor Indian labors who are working day and night to meet two ends of their family requirements. He started praying closing his eyes, after a while he opened his eyes and went to the donation box and donated hundred rupees thinking GOD will fulfill his wishes. He came out of the temple and wore his branded shoes. I was watching all his activities, he took out his expensive cell phone from the pocket of his branded jeans and dialed some number and started talking over phone.

He went towards his car. One poor little boy came into his way wearing “chaddi” (half pant) and t-shirt which was oversized; it was almost reaching to his knees. Little boy asked that guy touching his hand ”Saheb! Give me some money, I am really hungry, I want to eat”…The guy reacted angrily, pushed the poor kid down and said-“why are you touching me idiot, go, do some work and earn money..” Little boy went away with disappointment and humiliation on his face. The rich guy started his car and left.

I was really shocked to witness that incident. I was wondering, donating 100 Rupees to the temple is really necessary or giving a 5 Rs coin to a poor kid who is hungry? Is it really necessary to build Temples or should we construct little houses for poor people? Why people are wasting so much money for religious activity? Does GOD really need money?? If God has given you everything, can’t you spend some money for needy people, can’t you give education to poor kids and help them to enlighten their lives? Don’t you think every person has same rights to live in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment