Friday, April 30, 2010

Why Kids???

Yesterday on a very fine evening I was doing my job which I usually enjoy i.e. I went to balkan-ji-bari (an institute where youth are getting training in various areas). I was there for attending meeting for the forth coming sibir (one month training program) as I have been appointed as a computer instructor. The meeting for the same was scheduled at 6.30PM but unknowingly I reached the place @ 5.30PM. I was trying to pass time by watching kids getting trained in various departments. I was just grazing here and there and finally I reached @ scatting ring where the kids of the age 4 to 17 were scatting or rather learning scatting. Everything else blow out of my mind and two very little kids took my attention they both might be of the age 4 or 5 @ max!!! Constantly they were falling down and getting up. When they were falling down my heart was getting stop for a while but how curiously they were learning scats. All of a sudden, I felt why these little angles are learning this??? Was that to fulfil the dreams of their parents? Whose dreams were not fulfilled when they were young or the kids are really curious to learn this? How they can be curious??? They are only of 4 or 5. They don't even know what they have to be and what is the advantage of learning scats at this age? Just as because their parents feel that they should learn this activity they send them.

Do we know what actually we are doing by doing this?
Do we understand where we are taking the future of the kids like these two?
Should they start learning this at this small age?
Should we snatch the childhood of the kids?

Answer these questions!!!

In spite of the fact that the world is so fast and competition is so high is this correct?

We are not that great that we are allowed to do it!!!

This incident is not that big for many people or that heart cracking but still if it can blow the heart of @least one parents then it’s worth writing it here.

2 comments:

  1. ankit , i feel that these opinions are subjective to people ..... every body has a seperate opinion, and this matter my opinion completely differs urs....

    today's children are much more strong and active than us,as we were during our childhood days!!!! and sketting cannot be anybody's unfullfill dream.... It is just a process in which little children meet new people , learn new things, enjoy themselves... It is a process to grow!!!!and parents put their chidren to such new activities so that from childhood itself, these angels can prepare themselves for the competitive world that they would meet!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its very true but why @ this small age!! they were only of 4 or 5.
    and yes its not about sketting only its about so many things that they should not do it @ this small age.

    And yes you are right that its personal opinion but still sometimes its not about competition between kids its about competition between parents.

    ReplyDelete